RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT MANAGER (Valenii de Munte)
Market acumen & R&D strategy
- Actively monitors the market trends: customers, competition, new products or needs on the market
- Participate in the definition and execution of Industrial Appliance – R&D strategy to strengthen leadership in the above mentioned market segments.
- Works closely with Sales and Customers to fully understand the customer’s needs
- Stays aware of new technology applications and competitive uses of same in work with materials, products and processes
- Acquire new know-how and applies this to personal research/ products
- Provides timeline and cost estimates, prepare CAPEX and budgets as well as proposals for hires and promotions.
- Presents data in oral and written form. Includes the generation of project timelines/plans, technical memos, research reports, and presentations to internal customers, project teams, external customers and/or management.
- Coordinates the technical support to our customers in collaboration with Sales; can also manage spot projects/studies or larger co-development programs, visit our customers and perform campaigns or presentations at customer sites.
Leading key R&D projects:
- Manages multiple projects simultaneously, on time, well documented and within budget to meet business and customer objectives. Manages and documents projects effectively.
- Effective leadership of cross functional teams by managing others to execute and deliver project objectives
- Utilizes broad technical background and experience to develop and/or improve products, materials, chemistry, processes and performance and/or reduce costs within a major product area
- Coordinate the technical support to our plant(s); in particular, make sure that the R&D team supports on both short term problem solving problems and more long term projects/objectives for the development of scientific competencies needed to sustain and improve our quality and yields.
- Actively seeks for synergies within the group
- Leads a group of engineers & technicians (administrative and technical supervision); defines the associated tasks and milestones for research, reviews the work performed by the team, ensures the relevance and quality of the technical approach and offers coaching or training as needed.
- Responsible for people development and holding direct reports and projects teams accountable in the appropriate manner.
- University degree in a technical field; Master’s Degree is an advantage
- 5+ years-experience in development of products and technologies; experience in Industrial Appliance Sector is an important advantage
- Experience with the cross-functional product development process
- Excellent Project Management skills
- Proficient in computer software to include Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point), AutoCad 3D
- Strong organizational, collaborative and leadership skills
- Strong analytical thinker with good problem solving skills
- Proficient in data recording and documentation
- Good communication (oral and written) and presentation skills
- Good command of English – professional working proficiency level
- Strong networking ability, internally and externally
- Self-starter, able to work with minimal supervision
- Availability to work in Valenii de Munte
- Availability to travel (30% of the working time)
- Driving license – B
- Romanian citizen, or Romanian speaker
- Personal and professional development within a strong multinational Group
- Motivating package, related to professional experience and performances
SAINT-GOBAIN designs, manufactures and distributes materials and solutions which are key ingredients in the wellbeing of each of us and the future of all. They can be found everywhere in our living places and our daily life: in buildings, transportation, infrastructure and in many industrial applications. They provide comfort, performance and safety while addressing the challenges of sustainable construction, resource efficiency and climate change. With sales of 41.8 billion euros in 2018, Saint-Gobain operates in 68 countries and has over 180.000 employees. For more information about Saint-Gobain, visit www.saint-gobain.com and access @saintgobain Twitter account.
In Romania, Saint-Gobain owns nine activities (Saint-Gobain Abrasives, Brodrene Dahl, Saint-Gobain Building Glass, Pietta Glass Working, Saint-Gobain Sekurit, Saint-Gobain ISOVER, Saint-Gobain PAM, Saint-Gobain Rigips and Saint-Gobain Weber), with approximately 1800 employees and operates 22 production lines in 14 industrial sites located in Baicoi, Branesti, Calarasi, Ploiesti, Satu-Mare, Tulcea, Turda, Suceava and Valenii de Munte.
PIETTA GLASS WORKING is an important player on glass processing field.
Located in Valenii de Munte (Prahova County), having 500 employees, PIETTA GLASS WORKING activates with 4 production sites, with the focus on 2 main business directions: Architectural/ Façade and Industrial Appliance/ OEM.
For our company, PIETTA GLASS WORKING, we are looking for a Research & Development Manager to take overall responsibility for development of new products in the Industrial Appliance Sector: refrigeration market (sliding doors, monolithic, IGU) and home appliances (control panels, hobs, oven interiors).
The holder of this position is responsible for all of the technical activities regarding the product development, as well as team management and close working relationships with Customers. This position will interact on a daily basis with Sales, Production, Quality, Finance, Purchasing and other functional groups. He/ She will be a key decision maker for design, development and testing of new and existing products and for modifications of existing products which meet market demands.